Friday, November 26, 2010

Youth-Amnesia

I could not stand the undue rains
I could not stand the naked vales
I could not stand the tyrant clouds
As I can not stand my silver stains....

I saw the smile rising in her eyes
As the lousy night sets in her lies,
And the dawn peeps through my starving pupil
As the crystal night spilled off her cries.....

I could not stare at blinking stars
I could not think of saffron Mars
I could not gaze at glowing acacia
As I can not squint into needle-scars.

I searched and found the lure of apple
As the lofty air tossed the maple.
And the morning breeze whispered into the ears,
As the crystal night turned into the tears....

I peer through the twilight glasses
I tear apart the empty masses
I fear the night of fighting streets
As the rising shadow faintly greets...



Out there in the middle weeps the sun
The winking moon's about to shun-
The purple lore and midnight whore...

As the fire in the night sails ashore......

4 comments:

Kavita said...

Gosh!! What an amazing play of words!!
You've beautifully expressed the change in colors of the days, and with it, the changing emotions, the changing feelings within..
Stunning!! Loved the rhymes too!!
Kudos, Sayan!!

Reflections said...

Lovely play! the change up in rhyme scheme is interesting, adds flavor to the piece.

Marshy said...

i read this a few times to get it right in my mind...was really good..the following stanza spoke lots to me
I saw the smile rising in her eyes
As the lousy night sets in her lies,
And the dawn peeps through my starving pupil
As the crystal night spilled off her cries.....

cheers

pete

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

beautiful wordplay....

End of The Year Awards 4 Friends of Jingle or Jingle Poetry Community

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! xxx

keep up the excellence,

link a poem to our potluck tomorrow, give us the cheers to continue...